COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Updates
PACKARD HEALTH OFFICES
Hours & Locations
A provider is available via phone 24 hours a day at: (734)-971-1073.
Patients with COVID-19 concerns are asked to call the phone number above or are encouraged to visit our testing site at Perry Early Learning Center to be tested.
COVID-19 TESTING SITE - SUPPORTED BY PACKARD HEALTH
UPDATE FOR 7/15/2020: Our testing team now has testing kits BUT Packard Health is now being affected by national test supply shortages. We have a limited supply and will provide COVID-19 testing on a first come, first serve basis as long as supplies are available. The hours are still 8am - 2pm (or until tests run out, whichever comes first). Please be prepared for an abrupt, early closure. If you arrive and we are out, we apologize in advance. Please check back often for updates.
If you are in need of a test and our center is not open, CVS or the Rite Aid on South Grove Street in Ypsilanti are also available. Additional locations can be found here.
- Location: Perry Early Learning Center, 550 Perry Avenue, Ypsilanti Township
- Hours: Monday - Friday, 8am - 2pm
- Type: Drive-up & walk-up for patients and non-patients who are symptomatic or asymptomatic
- Instructions: No appointments, insurance, or prescription needed. Please bring your photo ID and an insurance card (if you have one).
- Billing: You will not receive a bill from Packard Health for the specimen collection. If you have no symptoms of COVID-19, some insurance companies will not cover the cost of the lab test. If you are asymptomatic and want a test, you may wish to check with your insurance company first.
- Results: Nasal swabs help to detect a current active COVID-19 infection. See more details about the process below.
Questions? Call Packard Health: (734) 971-1073
DELAYS IN TEST RESULTS
Staff at Packard Health's COVID-19 testing location at Perry Early Learning Center have been seeing a dramatic increase in tests administered. Likewise, the test result waiting times have also been increasing.
Packard Health's call centers have recently seen an uptick in callers seeking their COVID-19 test results. We understand the frustration, but can help most by explaining the process.
- Packard Health collects the specimen.
- The specimen is sent on to a Quest Diagnostics lab for processing (not Packard Health affiliated). Quest has been mandated by the federal government to prioritize tests from current hotspots (Michigan is no longer one), people with symptoms, and those in hospitals. Back-to-work testing is the lowest priority per the mandate.
- Packard Health receives results from Quest, and they are reported to patients the same day they are received. Positive results include a phone call to the patient and negative results are displayed in the patient portal (or include a phone call if there is not an email on file).
Quest is currently reporting a 10-day turnaround on some results in our area.
NEW! TELEHEALTH VIDEO VISITS
"Stay Home. Stay Safe" Connect with your Packard Health care team by video or phone. Meet with your Packard Health provider or therapist online in a telehealth visit. Visit with your chronic disease manager and patient advocates, too. Learn more here.
If you think you have COVID-19
(Fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing)
- Call the office first at: 734-971-1073
- Our staff will ask you questions and you will be given further instructions
- Be sure to call before coming in for a test
- Remember, it might be a cold, flu or other disease
- June 15 Packard Health Ypsilanti Health Location is Reopening
- March 31 Patient News - Telehealth
- March 14 Patient News - COVID 19
- COVID-19 Essential Services in Washtenaw County - Childcare, Evictions, Internet, Unemployment, Utilities, School Food, etc.
- COVID-19 Washtenaw County Resource Guide - Business Assistance, Childcare, Education, Employment/Unemployment, Food & Home Goods, Housing.
- Michigan COVID-19 Resource Guide, University of Michigan. - Unemployment & Worker Assistance, Food Assistance, Utilities & Housing, Childcare, much more. Spanish version
- COVID -19 Multi-Language Materials