Patient-Provider Partnership Agreement
As a Patient-Centered Medical Home, we are committed to your life-long health and wellbeing. We believe that to achieve this goal there must be a partnership between the patient and your medical provider (physician or nurse practitioner).
We will work together to...
- Care for short term illnesses and manage long-term chronic diseases
- Achieve and maintain your health over your lifetime
- Be open and honest in providing your doctor with your health-related information
- Agree to keep scheduled appointments at our office as well as with any specialists
- Follow the medical care plan that is agreed upon at your office visit as best you can
- Participate in developing an action plan to self-manage a chronic condition (such as diabetes, asthma, etc.) if applicable
- Take steps to achieve a healthy lifestyle and get preventive services
- Agree to ask questions if you do not understand any portion of your health care
- Notify us if your insurance, prescription coverage or financial situation changes
Your Medical Provider will...
- Respect your privacy and keep the information confidential
- Offer appropriate medical advice and information based on current recommendations
- Engage in an open and honest discussion of all treatment options
- Seek opinions from high quality specialists, when needed, for your care
- Help to keep your healthcare affordable
- Ensure access to care after hours (by phone, urgent care or ER) if needed