Call Center Clerk in Front Office
Use multi-line phone system to schedule appointments, enter demographic and insurance information and transfer calls to appropriate staff. Provide general administrative support to medical practice.
- Act in a professional manner reflecting the mission and philosophy of Packard Health.
- Support and abide by PH policies and procedures.
- Serve as front-line patient contact with other call center staff - up to 8000 calls / month.
- Answer and screen incoming phone calls and patient inquiries. Relay messages in a timely, efficient manner.
- Collect and verify complete and accurate demographic and financial information and enter it into EMR
- Handle scheduling patients for office appointments and patient communications.
- Assist with scheduling of tests and x-rays, and referrals to other sites, and inform patients of dates, times and special preparation instructions.
- Perform clerical duties including, but not limited to, faxing, mailing, and copying. Assist in maintaining an orderly office environment.
- Participate in office maintenance, which includes ensuring that waiting rooms, front office and break rooms are maintained in an orderly manner.
- Keep the front desk area stocked with the appropriate supplies.
- May be required to rotate to other Packard Health clinics as needed.
- Serve as back-up for front-desk staff who: process paperwork, greet and register patients in a courteous and professional manner, answer inquiries or direct parties to the appropriate area, collect co-payments and balances, provide accurate receipts to every patient who checks out, and balance charges to receipts daily.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Office manager or Medical staff.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Can greet patients and answer phone in pleasant and helpful manner.
- Can operate various office equipment including, but not limited to, a computer, phone system, adding machine, copy machine and FAX machine.
- Can speak clearly and concisely.
- Ability to read, understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to type and write clearly and correctly.
- Can establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public. Can de-escalate difficult interactions.
- Seeks appropriate help from supervisor or clinical staff to solve problems when appropriate
- Can multi-task and maintain professional demeanor in a busy practice environment
- Serves as a liaison between patients, physician and other support staff.
Education: High school graduate or GED with post-secondary/college work. College degree in health care or business preferred.
Experience: One year of medical office clerical experience minimum. Knowledge of business office procedures and computerized medical practice systems required. Current knowledge of medical procedures, instruments and drugs preferred. Sufficient math skills to perform A/R check out functions required.
Licensure: None required.
- Language proficiency in Spanish or Arabic preferred
Subject to frequent interruptions. Clean, smoke-free, well lighted.
- Sitting, standing, and walking throughout the day.
- Stooping, bending and stretching for files and supplies.
- Using computer screen for long periods of time.
- Occasional lifting of files or paper weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, calculator, telephone, copier and other office equipment.
- Occasional stress from working with ill people and from many interruptions.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org