Patient Services Representative
Serves as a first point of contact for patients and external customers in the office and on the phone. Greets and assists customers in obtaining needed services within the office. Obtains and communicates necessary patient and office visit information to facilitate efficient patient flow through the office and appropriate billing for services. Must have exceptional communication skills and working in a team environment.
- Greets all individuals arriving at the office in a professional manner reflecting the mission and philosophy of Packard Health.
- Obtains necessary patient registration information, verifies patient insurance eligibility and prepares charts for visits.
- Collects copays and balances.
- Answers telephone.
- Schedules appointments.
- Assists with scheduling outside appointments or testing.
- Assists with processing insurance referrals.
- Attend meetings and training as assigned.
- May be required to support other Packard Health clinics as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent written (legible), verbal and face-to-face communication skills, including proper phone etiquette.
- Proficient/knowledgeable in patient care procedures and organizational policies related to position responsibilities.
- Service-oriented; responsive to customer needs and courteous in approach.
- Proficient in operating a standard desktop and Windows-based computer system, including but not limited to, electronic medical records, Microsoft Word /Excel, intranet and computer navigation.
- Ability to compute mathematical calculations.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to work effectively with various levels of organizational members and diverse populations including Packard Health staff, patients, family members, vendors, outside customers and couriers.
- Ability to cross-train in other areas of the organization in order to achieve smooth flow of all operations.
- Good organizational and time management skills to effectively juggle multiple priorities and time constraints.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle patient and organizational information in a confidential manner.
- Ability to travel to other Packard Health Offices and meeting locations.
- Physical activity that often requires keyboarding, filing and phone work.
- Physical activity that often requires extensive time working on a computer.
- Physical activity that sometimes requires walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, and/or twisting.
- Physical activity that sometimes requires lifting, pushing and/or pulling under 20 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust and focus.
- Must hear and speak well enough to conduct business over the telephone or face to face for long periods of time in English.
Required Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum Experience: 1-2 years of experience in a medical or physician office or customer service environment preferred.
Preferred Education & Experience: Language proficiency in English and Spanish preferred
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This job description is a general description of job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Packard Health are expected to perform tasks as assigned by Packard Health supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Packard Health will provide reasonable accommodations for individuals who can perform the essential functions of this job.