RN, Temporary Position COVID-19 Drive-Thru Testing (no holidays or weekends)
Packard Health is a federally qualified, community driven health center. In light of the pandemic, Packard is offering limited health services and COVID-19 testing at a drive-thru location in Ann Arbor to contribute to the public health effort and reduce the load on ED’s and urgent care centers when possible.
- This position is responsible for performing COVID-19 testing for the public in an open-air, drive up setting.
- Cross-training includes- assessment, screening, patient education, and documentation
- Nursing based knowledge utilization and appropriate use of internal and external resources and collaborating with colleagues, other disciplines, and health care/community services to promote continuity of care.
- Note: This position could be time limited based on COVID-19 needs
Expectations and Duties:
- Utilize evidence based assessment skills, protocols and interventions.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills through excellent problem solving skills, and ability to set priorities.
- Identify problems & initiates appropriate follow up.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal communication skills, and the ability to build respectful relationships within and between colleagues.
- Maintains good rapport and cooperative relationships with colleagues. Approach conflict in a constructive manner. Help to identify problems, offer solutions, and participate in their resolution. Respond to questions and needs in a non-threatening and receptive manner.
- Accountability and dependability, including good attendance record with punctuality.
- Ability to adapt to the changing needs and priorities based on CarePort team, patients, and the community.
- Proficiency with typing and electronic health record documentation.
- Ability to demonstrate effective use of technology.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information pertaining to patients, physicians, employees, and visitors at all times.
- High sense of responsibility for the performance of job duties in the safest possible manner, to assure personal safety and that of coworkers, patients and families. Use of available safety equipment and PPE. Reporting of all observed preventable hazards and unsafe practices to manager.
Schedule Hours: 24 to 36 hours per week, Day/Evening shift coverage
Shift: 6-8 hours M-F (Monday 1:30-6:30, T-F 7:45a - 3p, hours may change or vary)
- This position could be time limited based on COVID needs.
- This temporary position may meet eligibility requirements for health care benefits.
- Background screening required.
- While the test site is partially indoors there may be some exposure to weather and changing temperatures.
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs
Supervision Received: COVID-19 Testing Manager
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This job description is a general description of job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Packard Health are expected to perform tasks as assigned by Packard Health supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Packard Health will provide reasonable accommodations for individuals who can perform the essential functions of this job.