Scheduler - Testing Site
Contacts and schedules patients for the Packard Health Testing Site. The Testing Site provides Covid19 testing, flu shots, and other patient care services. Patients self-register through Packard’s website and are then contacted by phone to book an appointment. The Scheduler also ensures that patient demographic and insurance information is correctly entered into Packard's electronic record.
- Acts in a professional manner reflecting the mission and philosophy of Packard Health.
- Serves as front-line patient contact for individuals requesting Covid19 testing, flu shots or other Testing Site services
- Answers and screens incoming phone calls and patient inquiries related to the testing site. Relay messages in a timely, efficient manner.
- Collects and verifies complete and accurate demographic and financial information and enters it into EMR
- Handles scheduling of patients for testing site appointments.
- May perform clerical duties including, but not limited to, faxing, mailing, and copying.
- May be required to rotate to other Packard Health clinics as needed.
- With appropriate training may serve as back-up for front-desk or call center staff who: schedule patients, answer calls, process paperwork, greet and register patients in a courteous and professional manner, answer inquiries or direct parties to the appropriate area, collect copayments and balances, provide accurate receipts to every patient who checks out, and balance charges to receipts daily.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Can greet patients and speak to them on the phone in a pleasant and helpful manner.
- Excellent computer and phone system skills.
- Can speak clearly and concisely.
- Ability to read, understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to type and write clearly and correctly.
- Can establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public. Can de-escalate difficult interactions.
- Seeks appropriate help from supervisor or clinical staff to solve problems when appropriate
- Can multi-task and maintain professional demeanor in a busy environment
Education: High school graduate or GED with post-secondary/college work. College degree in health care or business preferred.
- Minimum one year of medical office clerical experience preferred.
- Knowledge computerized medical practice systems.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Sufficient math skills to perform A/R check out functions.
Additional Qualifications: Language proficiency in Spanish is a plus
- Sitting, standing, and walking throughout the day.
- Using computer screen for long periods of time.
- Occasional lifting of files or paper weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, calculator, telephone, copier and other office equipment.
Send resume to: email@example.com
This job description is a general description of job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Packard Health are expected to perform tasks as assigned by Packard Health supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Packard Health will provide reasonable accommodations for individuals who can perform the essential functions of this job.