Good health starts with good nutrition.
Our registered dietitians partner with you to set personal goals and create a plan to help you reach your greatest health and well-being. With extensive education, training and experience in adult and pediatric nutrition, they are key members of your Packard Care team. Our Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) is also a Certified Diabetes Educator.
Medical nutrition therapy is provided for:
- Pre-Diabetes (“Glucose Intolerance”)
- Elevated Cholesterol and Triglycerides
- High blood pressure (DASH diet, dietary sodium restriction)
- Kidney disease (before dialysis)
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Gluten intolerance and sensitivity
- Irritable Bowel Disease (IBS) & FODMAP diet
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Weight Management – adults, children
About your appointments:
- Initial consultation is 60 minutes; referral is by your physician or nurse practitioner OR you may call directly for an appointment
- A typical appointment includes a complete nutritional and medical history, an assessment of nutritional status, and expert nutritional counseling designed to generate a realistic plan of action (customized eating plan, exercise prescription) based on your individual goals.
- Follow-up visits are for 30-60 minutes and scheduled at intervals agreed upon by you and the nutritionist. These sessions are used to reinforce nutrition goals and troubleshoot barriers to success.
- Medical Nutrition Therapy is covered by many commercial plans and Medicare (diabetes, kidney disease). As we are a Patient-Centered Medical Home, there will be no cost to you or co-pay required even if your health plan does not cover this service.
Registered Dietitian, Nutritionist and Certified Diabetes Educator