Insurance | Medicaid
Packard Health is Here to Help
We know all about healthcare insurance.
Our Patient Advocates are trained and offer in-person help. Here's what they do!
- Help patients and potential patients understand insurance
- Help patients and potential patients with the entire enrollment process, comparing plans and offering guidance
- Look at ALL options including Medicaid and Medicare and other programs
Need assistance with healthcare insurance?
Call (734) 971-1073 to set up an appointment. An appointment is necessary.
Know someone who needs assistance?
Print our new brochure and pass it on - All about Packard Health
ABOUT THE HEALTH INSURANCE MARKETPLACE
For coverage starting in 2016, the Open Enrollment Period is November 1, 2015–January 31, 2016. People who do not qualify for Medicaid and do not have employer healthcare must sign up during Open Enrollment. Individuals may also qualify for Special Enrollment Periods outside of Open Enrollment if they experience certain events. (See Special Enrollment Period and Qualifying Life Event)
In Michigan use www.healthcare.gov to apply for coverage, compare plans, and enroll.
Or call Packard Health (734) 971-1073. Our Certified Application Counselors can assist you.
Americans are required to obtain healthcare insurance
It's the law - obtain coverage, get an exemption, or pay a penalty. In 2016, penalties are $695 per person or 2.5% or your income (whichever is higher). There are exemptions.
- Essential Benefits. Every health care plan sold under the Health Insurance Marketplace includes these items and services.
- Financial assistance. There are subsidies based on income and household size.
ABOUT MEDICAID - HEALTHY MICHIGAN PLAN
- Enrollment is ongoing throughout the year
- Medical and prescription coverage, also a dental, vision, and mental health benefit
- Income criteria: up to 133% of the Federal Poverty Level - about $16,000 annual income for a single person
- If you're pregnant and/or have children, the income limit is higher to qualify for the Healthy Michigan Plan
Ways to Apply
- In-Person - Call (734) 971-1073 to schedule an appointment with a Packard Health Patient Advocate
- Online - www.michigan.gov/mibridges
- By phone: 1-855-276-4627