Insurance Enrollment Assistance
PACKARD HEALTH IS HERE TO HELP.
We know all about health care insurance and publicly-funded health plans including the Insurance Marketplace, Medicaid, MIChild and the Washtenaw Health Plan.
Our trained and certified patient advocates can help you understand your options and guide you through the application process. They can help you select health care coverage that is right for YOU. Your appointment is FREE. Our counselors speak Spanish.
The Health Insurance Marketplace
Enrollment in the Health Insurance Marketplace is currently open. However, when it is closed, experiencing a qualifying event may change your eligibility status, allowing for a special enrollment period.
Qualifying events include:
- Having a baby or adopting a child
- Moving across state lines
- Gaining citizenship
- Turning 26 years old
- Being released from prison
Ways to apply:
Call Packard Health, 734-971-1073. Our Certified Application Counselors can assist you.
Go to www.healthcare.gov to apply for coverage, compare plans, and enroll.
About Medicaid - Healthy Michigan Plan
- Enrollment is ongoing throughout the year
- Medical and prescription coverage, also a dental, vision, and mental health benefit
- Income criteria: up to 133% of the Federal Poverty Level - about $16,000 annual income for a single person
- If you're pregnant and/or have children, the income limit is higher to qualify for the Healthy Michigan Plan
Ways to apply:
- In-person: Call (734) 971-1073 to schedule an appointment with a Packard Health Patient Advocate
- Online: www.michigan.gov/mibridges
- By phone: 1-855-276-4627
Washtenaw Health Plan
The Washtenaw Health Plan provides health care to people who are not eligible for Medicaid, Marketplace, or employer insurance.
The WHP is for low-income Washtenaw County residents and works only in Washtenaw County. The WHP pays for doctor's visits, specialty care, mental health, medications (usually $5-$7 copay), and other services. The WHP does not include vision or dental coverage, and the Washtenaw Health Plan is not health insurance.
How to apply:
- Packard Health can provide our patients with referrals for the Washtenaw Health Plan, but patients must apply in person at the Washtenaw Health Plan office, 555 Towner St, Ypsilanti, MI 48198. Clients can call (734) 544-3030 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. More information about the Washtenaw Health Plan, CLICK HERE.