Why Packard Health?
Care at Packard Health
Patient care at Packard Health is personal - and unique, effective, compassionate. We are nationally recognized for the way we care for our patients.
At Packard Health, diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of who we are. Our commitment to these values is unwavering – across all of our work and is a promise to our community and the patients we serve. We know that having varied perspectives helps generate better ideas to solve complex health problems of a changing—and increasingly diverse—society.
- Your care is integrated and coordinated under one roof. Primary care, mental health care, disease management programs and education are offered in one family practice setting. Your mental health counselor is just down the hall. Your dietitian is here too. Beyond our doors, you have referrals to specialty care, hospitals, home health care, community services and supports.
- Your care is team-based. With all health care services under one roof, your medical team seamlessly works together. They easily communicate and collaborate with each other, and with you. We’re all a team.
- Your care is patient-centered. You and your providers build a strong relationship together to help you reach your fullest health potential. Your care team knows you, your family, your health history, and they support you in learning to manage and organize your care as you choose. We say, “The patient is the star at Packard Health”.
- Your care is about the whole patient – you. Packard Care is not focused on an illness or an ailment. Packard Care looks at a bigger picture - your chronic conditions, your mental well-being, your lifestyle, and factors in life that keep you from attaining the best level of health for you.
- Your computerized medical record ensures that everyone on your care team has your up-to-the-minute information. After hours, our on-call providers have your record at their fingertips. And you can access your record at home via the patient portal. All medical records are secure and password-protected for privacy.
- Think of Packard Health as your medical home, where everyone from front desk to phone staff, from referrals to billing department, is like a family - friendly, helpful and committed.
Patient-Centered Medical Home
Packard Health is certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.
The PCMH is a model of care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into "what patients want it to be". Accessibility, quality and safety are also key components of the PCMH.