Insurance Enrollment Assistance
PACKARD HEALTH IS HERE TO HELP.
We know all about health care insurance and publicly-funded health plans including the Insurance Marketplace, Medicaid, MIChild and the Washtenaw Health Plan.
Our trained and certified patient advocates can help you understand your options and guide you through the application process. They can help you select health care coverage that is right for YOU. Your appointment is FREE. Our counselors speak Spanish.
The Health Insurance Marketplace
Open November 1 - December 15, 2017
This is the only time to sign up for 2018 coverage or make changes to your existing coverage (unless you qualify for special enrollment period). Our Certified Application Counselors can guide you. Please be aware that the ACA (Affordable Care Act) is in place for 2018 health insurance plans.
- Coverage starts January 1, 2018.
- You may receive tax credits to help pay premiums.
Have a 2017 plan? Keep it or change it.
Review your coverage to be sure you are getting the best plan for you.
No Insurance? Now's the time to enroll in 2018 plans.
NOTE: Americans are required to obtain healthcare insurance, get an exemption, or pay a penalty. For 2018, the penalty is 2.5% of your household income or $695 per adult ($347.50 per child), whichever is higher.
WHAT TO DO:
Call Packard Health, 734-971-1073 to make a FREE appointment with our Certified Application Counselors for enrollment help.
Or go to www.healthcare.gov to apply for coverage, compare plans, and enroll.
About Medicaid - Healthy Michigan Plan
- Enrollment is ongoing throughout the year
- Medical and prescription coverage, also a dental, vision, and mental health benefit
- Income criteria: up to 133% of the Federal Poverty Level - about $16,000 annual income for a single person
- If you're pregnant and/or have children, the income limit is higher to qualify for the Healthy Michigan Plan
Ways to apply:
- In-person: Call (734) 971-1073 to schedule an appointment with a Packard Health Patient Advocate
- Online: www.michigan.gov/mibridges
- By phone: 1-855-276-4627
Washtenaw Health Plan
The Washtenaw Health Plan is specifically for individuals without a social security number who are not eligible for Medicaid or Marketplace insurance.
The Health Plan works only in Washtenaw County and covers doctors visits, ER visits and medications (usually $5-$7 copay.) The Health Plan also has a limited number of mental health visits included per year The Washtenaw Health Plan does not include vision, dental or family planning services or women's health services.
How to apply:
- Packard Health can provide our patients with referrals for the Washtenaw Health Plan, but patients must apply in person at the Washtenaw Health Plan office, 555 Towner St, Ypsilanti, MI 48198. More info about the Washtenaw Health Plan.