Advanced Practice Provider
Job Title: Advanced Practice Provider (Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $95,000 - $110,000 per year
Location(s): All clinics
The Advance Practice Provider (APP) provides primary health care, consultation, and teaching for patients in a cost-effective manner and in accordance with Packard Health policies and procedures in 3 of our clinic locations in Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti. Maintains strict confidentiality regarding patient information.
- Provide primary health care, consultation, and education for patients.
- Obtain comprehensive health histories and perform comprehensive physical examination.
- Formulate, initiate and monitor diagnostic and treatment/programs for patients with acute/minor illnesses and injuries.
- Formulate, initiate and monitor diagnostic and treatment programs for patients with chronic medical conditions.
- Perform initial triage and therapy of acutely ill patients and consult or refer to physician when necessary.
- Provide follow-up care and appropriate specialty and ancillary referrals for those patients who require it.
- Participate in the support, education, discharge planning and follow-up of hospitalized patients and their families.
- Work in a collaborative fashion with other members of the care team including other APPs, physicians, nurses, patient advocates, social workers and clinic staff.
- Use a patient-centered approach to assessment, treatment and follow-up care, providing complete information to insure informed consent
- Participate and contribute meaningfully to organizational meetings, committees and quality improvement initiatives.
- Able to maintain confidentiality in all matters
- High level of analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Detail-oriented and highly accountable
- Flexible, and able to work independently and with minimal guidance
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to effectively and respectfully deal with a diverse group of patients, staff, and other medical and allied health professionals.
- General computer proficiency
- Must maintain Basic Life Support certification
- Ability to read and speak English proficiently
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to speak and hear in-person speech as well as telephone/video speech.
- The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, and walk, and alternate between sitting and standing at will.
- The employee is often required to use hands to handle, feel and reach; and make postural changes including stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- The employee is often required to use gross and fine hand manipulation and keyboarding.
- The employee must regularly push, pull, and/or lift up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision requirements include the ability to see at close range.
Required education and experience
This is an Advanced Practice Professional (APP) job opening. Both qualified NP and PA applicants will be considered.
- Current unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner in the State of Michigan.
- Current DEA registration
- Current unrestricted license to practice as a Physician Assistant in the State of Michigan
- Current DEA registration
- State of Michigan Controlled Substance License
Preferred education and experience
- 2 years relevant clinical experience practicing as an APP.
Work authorization/security clearance requirements
Must be a Legal Citizen and/or Authorized to work in the U.S.
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, we recognize the power of a diverse community; we encourage and welcome applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org