Job Title: Pharmacy Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $120,000 - $150,000 per year
Location(s): Packard Health Main
Date: November 15, 2022
Provides leadership and oversight for all aspects of the Packard Health Pharmacy. Manages pharmacy operations, including quality systems and standards that support the safe delivery of pharmaceutical care in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
- Hires, orients, coaches, supervises, and evaluates pharmacy staff
- Ensures that effective systems are in place to support the delivery of pharmacy operations and services across the organization.
- Maintains knowledge of current pharmacy requirements of federal, state, and local policies and procedures.
- Develops, implements, and monitors pharmacy budget and forecasts actual revenue/expenditures versus approved budget.
- Provides accurate reporting relative to sales, cost of goods, dispensing fees, margin, and other relevant financial measures for pharmacy.
- Resolves pharmacy system and technology issues utilizing IT vendors as appropriate.
- Designs, develops, implements, updates, and reviews pharmacy policies and procedures as they relate to clinical pharmacy standards, quality assurance, risk management, accreditation, and regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Works collaboratively with all levels of management, providers, clinical, and support staff to actively facilitate pharmacy performance improvement activities.
- After orientation to the 340B program will serve as a 340B subject matter expert including OPAIS recertification, compliance, policies and procedures, and pharmacy operational issues.
- Ensures ongoing compliance of the 340B program, in conjunction with FQHC leadership.
- Prepare medications by reviewing and interpreting physician orders, detecting therapeutic incompatibilities
- Dispense medications and counsel patients on how to properly take their prescribed medications
- Maintain accurate inventory of medications
- Protect patients and technicians by adhering to infection-control protocols
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Comply with state and federal drug laws as regulated by the state board of pharmacy, the drug enforcement administration, and the food and drug administration
- Comply with federal laws regarding the 340B drug program
- Maintain records for controlled substances
- Remove outdated and damaged drugs from the pharmacy inventory
- Maintain current registration
- Strong customer service skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Business acumen
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Experience using pharmacy software/technology and Microsoft Office
- Additional qualities that would be a good fit for our team include enthusiasm and passion for helping patients, genuine spirit, kind, and empathetic nature, and one who embraces a team approach and atmosphere
- Supervises pharmacists, pharmacy techs and other pharmacy support staff.
- Pharmacy work area within an FQHC Community Health Center
- Prolonged period of sitting, standing, and using a computer
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds. Moving, lifting, and carrying boxes.
- Fine motor skills
- Visual acuity
- Occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Limited travel between sites for occasional meetings
Required education and experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Pharmacy required
- Current state license(s) to practice pharmacy
- At least 3 years’ experience working as a pharmacist
- Relates well to people from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds and has a passion for working with at-risk populations.
Preferred education and experience
- Supervisory experience strongly preferred
- Experience working in FQHC or Community Health Center
- 340B experience
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our patients. As such, we require all onsite employees to be fully vaccinated.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org