Spinach, Avocado and Summer Berry Salad
Good-For-Us! Eating Well
Here’s a super-food salad packed with antioxidants and bright, summery flavors from Karen Koeppe, Packard Health’s Nutritionist and Certified Diabetes Educator.
Pair it with a grilled chicken dish or fish. “I really love it with white balsamic vinegar,” says Karen. The recipe is from the American Diabetes Association “Food Hub” recipe collection, Karen’s go-to source for healthy eating. Check it out: https://www.diabetesfoodhub.org/
- 10 oz. fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup diced or sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/3 cup finely diced or sliced red onion
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 TBSP white balsamic or champagne vinegar
- 1 TSP honey
- 1/2 large lime – juiced
- 1 clove garlic – minced
- ¼ TSP black pepper
- Place the spinach, strawberries, blueberries, avocado, and onion in a large salad bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, honey, lime juice, garlic, and black pepper. Or put all ingredients in jar with lid and shake it up!
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to evenly coat.