COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Updates
COVID-19 TESTING SITE - SUPPORTED BY PACKARD HEALTH
UPDATE OF 9/9/2020: The COVID-19 testing site hours at Second Baptist Church are changing on Mondays to 1:30pm - 6:30pm in order to avoid conflicting with another event. Any additional hour changes will be shared as determined.
Packard Health is now implementing a scheduling process for COVID-19 testing. This will help to reduce long lines and waiting time. Those who arrive to the COVID-19 testing site without an appointment will be referred to the online registration form where an appointment will be scheduled. We also ask that individuals who walk, bike, or arrive by public transportation schedule an appointment if at all possible.
Packard Health is currently well stocked with COVID-19 tests. Due to the constant fluctuation in supply availability, threats of severe weather, and other unforeseen events, the drive thru does occasionally need to close abruptly or alter hours.
- NEW Location: Second Baptist Church, 301 S. Hamilton Street, Ypsilanti
- Hours: Monday - Friday, 8am - 2pm (or until tests run out)
- Type: Drive-up appointments required & walk-up (appointments preferred) for patients and non-patients who are symptomatic or asymptomatic
- Instructions: No insurance or prescription needed. Please bring your photo ID and an insurance card (if you have one).
- Billing: You will not receive a bill from Packard Health for the specimen collection. If you have no symptoms of COVID-19, some insurance companies will not cover the cost of the lab test. If you are asymptomatic and want a test, you may wish to check with your insurance company first.
- Results: Nasal swabs help to detect a current active COVID-19 infection. See more details about the process below.
Questions? Call Packard Health: (734) 971-1073
- Packard Health collects the specimen.
- The specimen is sent on to a Quest Diagnostics lab for processing (not Packard Health affiliated). Quest has been mandated by the federal government to prioritize tests from current hotspots (Michigan is no longer one), people with symptoms, and those in hospitals. Back-to-work testing is the lowest priority per the mandate.
- Packard Health receives results from Quest, and they are reported to patients the same day they are received. Positive results include a phone call to the patient and negative results are displayed in the patient portal (or include a phone call if there is not an email on file).
Quest is currently reporting up to a 4-7 day result turnaround with 5 days being typical.
If you think you have COVID-19
(Fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing)
- Call the office first at: 734-971-1073
- Our staff will ask you questions and you will be given further instructions
- Be sure to call before coming in for a test
- Remember, it might be a cold, flu or other disease
- August 25 COVID-19 Testing Site is Moving, Drive Thru Appointment Required
- July 20 Packard Health West Health Location is Reopening
- June 15 Packard Health Ypsilanti Health Location is Reopening
- March 31 Patient News - Telehealth
- March 14 Patient News - COVID 19
- COVID-19 Essential Services in Washtenaw County - Childcare, Evictions, Internet, Unemployment, Utilities, School Food, etc.
- COVID-19 Washtenaw County Resource Guide - Business Assistance, Childcare, Education, Employment/Unemployment, Food & Home Goods, Housing.
- Michigan COVID-19 Resource Guide, University of Michigan. - Unemployment & Worker Assistance, Food Assistance, Utilities & Housing, Childcare, much more. Spanish version
- COVID -19 Multi-Language Materials