Crisp ‘n Crunchy Michigan Apple Salad
Karen Koeppe, Registered Dietitian and Certified Diabetes Educator shares a fall favorite. Celebrate apple season with this recipe that's low in fat, high in "mmmmm!"
Fall is the perfect time to make this salad. Apples are in top-of-the-season form!
- 1 cup fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 1 Tbsp Michigan honey
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon ground
- 2 medium red apples, chopped
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or dried
Michigan tart cherries
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts or pecans
In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, honey and 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon. Add apples and dried cranberries (or cherries); toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with nuts and remaining cinnamon before serving.